Train for a Career as a Pilates Instructor
World Class Independent Pilates Education in Seattle
Lori Coleman-Brown produces authoritative Pilates educational offerings to advance the work taught to her by Joe Pilates protegeé Romana Kryzanowska. She is our primary resource and advocate of the Pilates Method, and she provides global educational outreach to other Pilates studios and the public.
We’re unabashed Pilates traditionalists, yet we avoid being dogmatic and formulaic. We find satisfying creative space within the Pilates Method to get transformative results.Lori Coleman-Brown
What a Student Can Expect:
- Small Class Sizes (Max 6:1 student-to-teacher ratio)
- Traditionally patterned hands-on training with veteran instructors
- Exposure to a steady stream of clients who have real issues and goals
- Training in the ancillary skills important to a successful Pilates career, such as customer service and apparatus maintenance
- Mentoring by Lori Coleman-Brown and feedback from other Atlas Pilates Staff Instructors who are available to answer questions
- Opportunities to participate in our many educational, community and industry events
Comprehensive Teacher Training takes about a year and consists of practical training on all of the apparatus with real clients and academic coursework provided in our knowledge-rich and supportive working studio environment.
The four main elements of the program:
- Seminars – Three required weekend long workshops: Fundamentals, Intermediate and Advanced
- Practicum – Observation, assisting and practice teaching
- Academics – classroom, tutoring, homework and quizzes
- Testing– three written and practical exams
Material is presented logically and progressively in context in the working studio. Students can expect to work at least 800 hours including 150 Hours of Pilates workouts. Annual admissions are selective, there are prerequisites and a required physical assessment.
Continuing Education, Seminars and Workshops
In addition to our annual series of Teacher Training Program Seminars, Atlas Pilates produces a variety of educational events throughout the year for all levels of Pilates teachers and students.
Many of our Events are open to those trained in other reputable schools and some are available to practitioners of the work who want to go deeper into the material.
2021 Program Resumption
Teacher Training Program was put on hold for 2020 due to the public health measures that made on-site education impossible. We are planning to resume enrollment in autumn 2021 and have tentative dates for the Seminars. We’re in the process of getting the curriculum approved by the state Workforce Board and will publish the new catalog soon. In the meantime, it’s important to let us know if you are interested in enrolling. This summer will be a great time to get in shape with workouts with Lori and our teacher trainers.
Download the 2019 Program Catalog (2022 won’t be much different)
Accommodations For Students With Disabilities
This school is licensed under Chapter 28C.10 RCW. Inquiries or complaints regarding this private vocational school may be made to the: Workforce Board, 128 – 10th Ave. SW, Box 43105, Olympia, Washington 98504 Web: wtb.wa.gov Phone: 360-753-5662