Learn to teach Pilates!
Atlas Pilates is the Seattle home of world class independent Pilates teacher education.
Atlas Pilates immersive program produces Pilates teachers of the highest caliber. Instructors who know the work in their own bodies and are fully prepared to teach professionally.
Director of Education, Lori Coleman-Brown has trained new instructors for decades. She manages our comprehensive program which is carefully tailored for individuals in small annual classes. Lori produces authoritative Pilates educational offerings to advance the work taught to her by Joe Pilates protegeé Romana Kryzanowska. She’s our primary resource and advocate of the Pilates Method and she provides global educational outreach to other Pilates studios and the public.
Comprehensive Teacher Training takes about a year and consists of practical training on all of the apparatus with real clients and academic coursework provided in our knowledge-rich and supportive working studio environment.
The four main elements of the program are:
- Seminars – Three required weekend long workshops: Fundamentals, Intermediate and Advanced
- Practicum – Observation, assisting and practice teaching
- Academics – classroom, tutoring, homework and quizzes
- Testing– three written and practical exams
Material is presented logically and progressively in context in the working studio. Students can expect to work at least 800 hours including 150 Hours of Pilates workouts. Annual admissions are selective, there are prerequisites and a required physical assessment.
Download the Program Catalog
Our Seminars are open to students (except for CPE) and Pilates teachers with diplomas from reputable schools (like Romana’s, M-A-T, Stott, PMA etc.). Just ask, if you have any questions.
Upcoming Educational Events:
- Fundamentals Seminar October 5-6, 2019
- Instructors Workgroup December 7, 2019
- Intermediate Seminar January 11-12, 2020
- Advanced Seminar April 4-5, 2020
- CPE 2020 : Continuing Pilates Education June 12-14th, 2020
This school is licensed under Chapter 28C.10 RCW. Inquiries or complaints regarding this private vocational school may be made to the: Workforce Board, 128 – 10th Ave. SW, Box 43105, Olympia, Washington 98504 Web: wtb.wa.gov Phone: 360-753-5662