We currently use Google Meet for video conferencing
Google Meet is an online collaboration tool that uses streaming video, audio and built in chat. It works in a browser (Chrome is best) or as an App Learn More about Google Meet
You need a device with a camera and microphone that’s capable of connecting to the internet. You can use most computers with a webcam, laptops, tablets or smartphones. (Be sure to grant access permissions to the microphone and camera when requested)
You should have a minimum of 3.5 Mbps upload speed. You can test your speed here…http://speed.googlefiber.net/
iOS: If you are using an iPad, iPhone or other iOS device, we’ve had the best luck with the Google Hangouts Meet app available for free on the Apple App Store.
Android: If you are using an Android phone or tablet you can get the Hangouts Meet App on the Google Play Store.
- Book your appointments by email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us
- We settle payment with Paypal invoices. You don’t need a Paypal account (but it helps). And Paypal will let you pay with a credit card.
- After you’ve booked the session, your instructor will send you an email invitation to the scheduled Meet. Click “Yes” to accept the invitation. Keep the email in your inbox.
- A few minutes before your workout, re-open your email invitation. There is a line that says: Join Meet. Click on the link right below it. It will look something like this: https://meet.google.com/exa-mple-lnk
Note: If your email doesn’t spawn a Meet window, then you can go to https://meet.google.com in your browser and enter the unique key (it looks like: vcx-ytrg-uyt) or open the app and enter the unique key.
Preparing for your Workout
- Get into your workout clothes
- Make a space on the floor with a Mat. (If you don’t have a Mat two towels or a doubled up blanket will do.)
- Gather any props you might have around the house and put them in your space. A Magic Circle, balls of various sizes, a dowel, two cans of soup (for hand weights), therabands, small weights, marbles, a kitchen chair, something to elevate the hips like mini barrel- couch cushion, foam roller, etc. It’s time to get creative! If you don’t have anything don’t worry, just bring yourself.
- Practice setting up your device or webcam on a low table or chair in a way that your instructor will be able to see most or all of your body in the frame.
Experiencing technical difficulties? We’re happy to help sort that out. Just ask your teacher or whomever you’ve been communicating with about the appointment. We’re also happy to help test before your first workout. We’ll create a Meet session and connect.