October 7-8th, 2023
Presented by Lori Coleman-Brown
The Pilates Fundamentals Seminar provides essential material for aspiring Pilates teachers.
We’ll explore the principles and practice the basic exercises with intention and an eye towards their practical application.
Learn the exercises Joseph Pilates created to foster his distinct ideas of “normal health,” “natural law,” “self knowledge,” and “breathing properly.”
Fundamentals Seminar Plan:
- Discuss Pilates philosophy and approach with focus on the basic functional movements and relevant structural anatomy. And introduce the concept of body literacy.
- Review the basic Pilates exercises on the mat and apparatus and explore some fundamental exercise breakdowns, modifications and enhancements.
- Work on the fundamentals, employing the principles of Pilates. Practice standard alignments, posture, muscular actions, and rhythms in order to assist and challenge the body in action.
- Introduce fundamental program design for healthy bodies and introduce fundamental teaching skills and teaching tools.
Dates and Times:
Sat, Oct 7th, 2023. 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Sun, Oct 8th, 2023. 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Included in Teacher Training Program Tuition
- $550.00 fee to audit*
*This event is also open to Pilates teachers who’ve studied in reputable programs as well as individual Pilates practitioners. All prospective attendees subject to approval by Lori Coleman-Brown.
PAY ONLINE (Coming Soon)
Event rate pricing is in effect Thursday through Monday for Pilates workouts. Privates with Lori are $150.00 and Duos/Trios are $75.00. Atlas Pilates Staff Instructors are also available. All Pilates lessons are subject to availability and billed separately. Please contact us to arrange lessons.