January 6th & 7th 2024
Lori Coleman-Brown presents the Intermediate Pilates systems seminar. The 2nd in our annual series of progressive Pilates seminars, this two day workshop is required by students enrolled in our teacher training program, and is open to professional instructors looking to refresh their teaching skills and deepen their Pilates practice.
The Intermediate Seminar dives deep into the heart of the Pilates exercise curriculum.
Plan for the Intermediate Seminar:
- Practice the classic intermediate exercises with attention to precision and balance.
- Explore the many specific time tested techniques we use to teach intermediate curriculum.
- Learn how to land teaching cues and recognize when clients are engaged.
- Review the Intermediate Pilates System exercises on the mat, Reformer, Cadillac, Chairs, Barrels and other small apparatus. Work on better balance, awareness and control in the body. Develop power, endurance and release in proportion to what the body needs.
- Explore intermediate level teaching skills. Develop safe personal body mechanics by learning to stand, move and provide assistance with powerhouse integrity. Introduce the idea of fostering client’s discovery and independence.
- Combine exercises into workouts, and work towards a deeper understanding of how to develop exercise programs to advance a client’s abilities. Explore the balance of corrective, progressive and athletic aspects of Pilates programs.
- Discuss the 5 parts of the mind; intelligence, memory, will, imagination and intuition and the powerful influence they have on developing the human potential.
Spanning the time between introduction to the method and the great potential for vitality and rejuvenation that Pilates practice has to offer, the Intermediate stage of a client’s growth is where we learn to dial-in abilities and healthy habits to prepare for getting the most out of Pilates.
Dates and Times:
Sat, Jan 6th, 2024 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Sun, Jan 7th, 2024 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Pay Online to Hold Your Spot
Please Contact Us to schedule Lessons
*Price is Included in Tuition for Teacher Training Program Students
This event is also open to Pilates teachers who’ve studied in reputable programs as well as individual Pilates practitioners. All prospective attendees subject to approval by Lori Coleman-Brown.