Dear Concerned Clients:
Atlas Pilates is still open and we’re happy to serve clients who want to continue to come to the studio and do their exercises. We have suspended our on-site teacher training activities, but we’re still teaching Pilates.
Our research leads us to believe that we’re a very low risk environment and we’re closely following guidance for retailers provided by King County Public Health and the State of Washington.
We’ve always kept the studio very clean, and back in February we intensified our efforts:
- We’re asking all Clients and Teachers with any symptoms of any respiratory illness, like sneezing and coughing or fever to stay home.
- We’ve instituted a policy to turn away any Client or Teacher exhibiting any obvious symptoms of respiratory illness.
- We are intensively cleaning all surfaces, especially high touch doorknobs, desktops, lockers, keypads, etc. with a hospital grade disinfectant at least four times per day. We are also changing the towels for cleaning apparatus every hour and using chlorine bleach on laundry.
- We’re requiring that Clients and Teachers spray the mat and apparatus surfaces thoroughly when they are done using them, and to also spray all accessories bars, handles, pillows, etc. they’ve contacted with the Oxivir peroxide disinfectant we provide. (Let the disinfectant sit on the surface for at least a minute in order to maximize its effectiveness.)
- We requiring Clients and Teachers to wash their hands in the hand sink with soap and hot water when arriving at the studio and before leaving the premises.
- We’ve asked our Teachers to refrain from manual corrections, to not touch Clients, except for safety reasons.
If we discover that anyone who has been on the premises or lives with someone who has tested positive for SARS Cov-2 infection, we will immediately inform all of our Clients and Teachers, quickly close the studio indefinitely, and report to the local public health authorities.
Take Care! And thanks for sticking with us through these strange and uncertain times.