Updated: March, 22nd, 2021
Atlas Pilates is open in compliance with State and Local Roadmap to Recovery Phase 3 guidance. We’re happy to teach clients who want to continue do their workouts in the studio. We have suspended our on-site teacher training activities, but we’re still teaching Pilates Privates and Semi-Privates in person.
Our research leads us to believe that we are a very low risk environment and we are closely following guidance for retailers provided by King County Public Health and the State of Washington.
We have always kept the studio very clean, and have intensified our efforts in response to the pandemic:
- We’re asking all Clients and Teachers with any symptoms of any respiratory illness, like sneezing and coughing or fever to stay home.
- We’ve instituted a policy to turn away any Client or Teacher exhibiting any obvious symptoms of respiratory illness.
- We are intensively cleaning all surfaces, especially high touch doorknobs, desktops, lockers, keypads, etc. with a hospital grade disinfectant at least four times per day. We are also changing the towels for cleaning apparatus every hour and using chlorine bleach on laundry.
- We’re requiring that Clients and Teachers spray the mat and apparatus surfaces thoroughly when they are done using them, and to also spray, all accessories bars, handles, pillows, etc. contacted, with the Oxivir peroxide disinfectant we provide. (Let the disinfectant sit on the surface for at least a minute in order to maximize its effectiveness.)
- We requiring Clients and Teachers to wash their hands in the hand sink with soap and hot water when arriving at the studio and before leaving the premises.
- We’ve asked our Teachers to refrain from manual corrections, to not touch Clients, except for safety reasons.
More details are posted in our COVID-19 Exposure Control, Mitigation and Recovery Plan
If we discover that anyone who has been in the studio has been exposed to COVID-19 or has tested positive for the SARS Cov-2 infection, we will immediately inform all clients and teachers, close the studio indefinitely, and report to the local public health authorities.
Take Care! And thank you for sticking with us through these strange and uncertain times.